Monday, November 9, 2009

11-9-09

Well, after a month of only very sporadic exercise I'm back on track with P90X. Today was Chest & Back, and Ab-Ripper X. It's surprising on one hand how hard it is to get back into it, and on the other how quickly the body responds. It felt good to let off some steam for change! After almost a month Devin went back to his Mom and Dad on Sunday, so from 6 AM to 7 PM Monday through Friday it's just me. After all my complaining the caveat is being alone for so much of the day. I had a pretty regular routine before that keeps me busy pretty much the entire day so hopefully I won't have much time to think about it.



I'm currently reading 'Apocalypse 2012: a scientific investigation into civilizations end' by Lawrence E. Joseph. Last night Discovery Channel had a special entitled '2012 Apocalypse' and as one of the authorities on the subject Lawrence was one of the contributors. I recorded it on the DVR so perhaps I'll post some clips later on YouTube. I'd say overall the program was just OK. It basically covered the most well known and published doomsday scenarios when one thinks about 2012. Considering there were a lot of clips from the new movie '2012' it's my opinion that is just a viral marketing ploy. I look forward to seeing the movie though, whether it's in the theaters or at home on DVD. The book however by Lawrence is proving interesting and is an easy read. His dry sense of humor also makes it entertaining. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment