Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 16 9:49 AM

Me: Looks like I developed a tear again in the area near the inside elbow! No point in crying over spilt milk...just hope it doesn't effect the quality of the work the bs is doing in there. Looks like the rest is ready to give up the ghost soon too. Need to shower though... You see any reason i need to protect it from the h2O?

Day 16  11:49

Me: And I thought it looked gross BEFORE I got into the shower! ... I see pink skin thru the tear though!!!

Day 16   1:08 PM 
DCM:It's a miracle my friend :) Killin ya?
Me: Yes it is! (a miracle, i mean)
DCM:U know it's in a bad place in the first place. Ibu & silver Help any?
Me: No not hurting as much
DCM: How many days now? Don't bump that baby now :( I mean ;( tears
Me: On the road right now. Can't text and drive... Will reply later.

Day 16  2:09 PM 
Me: Stopped for a while... Then on the road again... When I said 'yes it is!' it was in response to you saying: 'it's a miracle my friend!'... Not been in as much pain today... But can't bend my arm as much.... Skin is tight around the eschar. If I bump it I might invent a few new profanities!!

Day 16  5:19 PM
 
Me: Home now. Hope this pops it's top soon. It's at the stage where every time I open the dressing it's full of puss and discharge... Messy and harder to manage.
DCM:Coming off soon. Is it still solid or starting to "rock" when u push on it?

Day 16  5:30 PM 
Me: Rule # 1 try not to touch it ;/

Day 16  5:47 PM 
DCM: U remembered :)
Me: My lol buddy helps me remember

Day 16  10:07 PM 
DCM: How ya doing?
Me: Ok. Still leaking pretty good. Cleanup every 30 min to an hr. with q-tips and peroxide. Spray with silver, and then after care cream. May need to come by office on Monday or Tues. depending on when you're in to purchase a new after care ointment. Can I use petroleum jelly to keep the 'non- stick'gauze pad that keeps sticking... From sticking?

DCM:Earlier pic looks like it is shrinking and pulling away from edges. Pink looks great. It's a matter of how much white will be left behind Stop by the office anytime after 9 & get it.
Me: Definitely pulling away from about 50% to 65% of the edges...

Day 16  10:31 PM 
DCM: Cover all the pink. Hv plenty at office. U hv enough for tonight?
Me: Ok. What about petroleum jelly, can I cover the gauze pad in it to keep it from sticking. I'm afraid of it sticks i'll pull it out prematurely tomorrow evening, when I get home from work... I don't like to do ANYTHiNG prematurely ;)
DCM: How is the pain? More itchy with stingers?
Me: Pain only occasional, but intense when it comes...sharp...stabbing...some stinging, itches mostly right on the elbow, almost none around the crater.
DCM:Petrogel may hv some bad bacteria. I wouldn't chance it. Use what u hv left in the a.m. and I'll hv plenty to finish
Me: Thanks for the advice, wow I hadn't thought about potential bacteria, that could make for a very bad day!

No comments:

Post a Comment